LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Solution is an invaluable asset to the fabrication industry in the preservation of welded seams, plating and finished components. Applied to welds whilst hot, seals weld seams from the effects of electrolysis and hydrogenation, the primary causes of caustic embrittlement, and subsequent weld seam failure. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX is also an excellent weld spatter release agent, shield dip and long term corrosion inhibitor.
Technical Application Guide Ref: LSPTG01A
Msds: Wax - LSWMD01A
Msds: Solution - LSPMD01A
ANCIENT FORM ORGANIC PASSIVATE
NON - TOXIC
NON - FLAMMABLE
NON - CARCINOGENIC
NON - EVAPORATING
NON - LEACHING
PH (6.8) NEUTRAL
ACID & ALKALI RESISTANT
REDUCES CAUSTIC EMBRITTLEMENT OF WELDED SEAMS
SEALS METAL SUBSTRATES
LONG TERM PROTECTION
MAXIMISES PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY
SPATTER RELEASE AGENT
1. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Spray Solution application is recommended for all steel welding situations, whilst in fabrication process and for storage preservation.
2. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax and Spray Solution, should be applied to welds while still hot temperature >100°C (210°F) is optimal.
3. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax brushed on to hot welds will commence Carburisation at 445°C (830°F). Ideal application temperature >250°C (480°F). This procedure delivers a baked in and on corrosion proof coating of the metal substrate, that can be painted over, following paint manufacturers preparation procedure.
4. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Spray Solution, should be applied to Clean, Dry, Descaled metal.
5. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax and Spray Solution, delivers penetration upto 10 microns in Mild Steel when applied as per these instructions.
6. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax and Spray Solution WILL contaminate Stainless Steel / Aluminium if used prior to welding.
7. Stainless Steel / Aluminium apply SPATTEX to areas clear of weld seam to prevent spatter attachment and contamination. Once welded brush LANOLENE™ SPATTEX along seams while cooling to seal and prevent Hybridisation of seam crystalline structure. Especially in the Lower grades. For ultimate performance follow instructions as per item 3.
8. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax makes an excellent MIG shield dip. Stops spatter build up and lubricates wire feed tip, simply dip shield whilst warm into tub every 2 hours continuous welding or, as required.
9. Always trial test, prior to use, especially on Alloys applications.
LANOLENE™ is a registered Trade Mark, Manufactured and Marketed by EXCEL EQUIP Pty. Ltd.