Sheet Metal and Automotive
LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Solution is an invaluable asset to the Sheet metal fabrication and Automotive Panel
Beating industries as a Weld Through Corrosion Inhibitor and in the preservation of welded seams, sheet metal, and
finished components. Applied to Sandwich seams prior to spot or MIG welds, permanently seals seam from the effects
of electrolysis and hydrogenation, the primary causes of caustic embrittlement, and subsequent weld seam failure.
LANOLENE™ SPATTEX is also an excellent weld spatter release agent, shield dip and long term corrosion
Technical Application Guide Ref: LSPTG03A
Msds: Wax - LSWMD01A
Msds: Solution - LSPMD01A
ANCIENT FORM ORGANIC PASSIVATE
NON - TOXIC
NON - FLAMMABLE
NON - CARCINOGENIC
NON - EVAPORATING
NON - LEACHING
PH (6.8) NEUTRAL
ACID & ALKALI RESISTANT
REDUCES CAUSTIC embrittlement OF WELDED SEAMS
SEALS METAL SUBSTRATES
LONG TERM PROTECTION
MAXIMIZES PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY
SPATTER RELEASE AGENT
1. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Spray Solution application is recommended for all steel welding situations,
whilst in fabrication process and for storage preservation.
2. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Spray Solution, as a Weld Through Corrosion Inhibitor should be applied to
abutment areas sparingly prior to welding.
3. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax brushed on to hot welds will commence Carburisation at 445°C
(830°F). Ideal application temperature >250°C (480°F). This procedure delivers a baked in and on
corrosion proof coating of the metal substrate, that can be painted over, following paint manufacturers
4. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Spray Solution, should be applied to Clean, Dry, Descaled metal.
5. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax and Spray Solution, delivers penetration up to 10 microns in Mild Steel.
When applied as per these instructions.
6. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax and Spray Solution WILL contaminate Stainless Steel / Aluminium if used
prior to welding.
7. Stainless Steel / Aluminium apply SPATTEX to areas clear of weld seam to prevent spatter attachment and
contamination. Once welded brush LANOLENE™ SPATTEX along seams whilst cooling to seal and
prevent Hybridisation of seam crystalline structure. Especially in the Lower grades. For ultimate performance
follow instructions as per item 3.
8. LANOLENE™ SPATTEX Wax makes an excellent MIG shield dip. Stops spatter build up and lubricates
wire feed tip, simply dip shield whilst warm into tub every 2 hours continuous welding or, as required. Also,
eliminates Galling attachment in spot welding operations.
9. Always trial test for satisfaction, prior to production, especially on Alloy applications.
LANOLENE™ is a registered Trade Mark, Manufactured and Marketed by EXCEL EQUIP Pty. Ltd